As I'm sure everyone knows, April is National Poetry Month, and November is National Novel Writing Month. Both are simply awesome.
So I am officially combining both ideas and announcing that April is herefore Refrigerator Poetry Writing Month.
What is that, you ask? Simple. Here are the rules.
1. Create a poem every day during April, using only refrigerator poetry magnets.
2. Multiple boxes of refrigerator poetry magnets about any and all themes and in multiple languages are perfectly acceptable.
3. No line limit. Go as short or as long as the muse requires.
4. All types of poetry and subject matter are acceptable: free verse, sonnets, pantoums, you name it.
5. All work MUST BE ORIGINAL. This is a biggie. If it didn't spring, Athena-like, from your very own brain, it does not count.
That's it! I will be doing this, and posting a photo every April day on this blog. I hope you will join me, and add your poems in the comments. (I don't think you can post photos in the comments, so you'l have to type them in. We'll take it as an article of faith that you are using refrigerator poetry magnets to create your work.)